This episode marks the first appearances of Tria and Mr. Thicknose in the television series. They are voiced by new actors; Jessica Gee and Dorian Harewood respectively.
- Cody Arens as Littlefoot
- Jeff Bennett as Petrie
- Aria Curzon as Ducky
- Anndi McAfee as Cera
- Rob Paulsen as Spike
- Meghan Strange as Ruby
- Max Burkholder as Chomper
- John Ingle as Mr. Threehorn
- Dorian Harewood as Mr. Thicknose
- Jessica Gee as Tria
- Frank Welker as The Bees
The episode starts with the gang running to Tria to hear what her big surprise is. Tria tells the gang that she is taking them to her favorite place. It turns out they're going to a mudpool. She tells them the mud is going to be a relaxing place. Littlefoot, Chomper, Ducky, and Petrie don't have to go, but Cera is an exception. Tria, Cera, Ruby, and Spike makes it there. Spike goes into the mudpool and actually relaxes.
Meanwhile, the others play a game; Chomper bites on a pinecone, and his tooth falls out. This worries Chomper and he fears that he will lose other body parts. Mr. Threehorn (Cera's father) scares him claiming that Chomper will become bones by night. The gang decides to go to Mr. Thicknose. They try many ways to stick Chomper's tooth back into his mouth but nothing works so they decide to go to Ruby.
They try to find the mudpool to find Ruby, using Ruby's scent to find the trail. They end up having no choice but to pass an ominous cave. Chomper finds a bee and tries to eat it but it comes back with a swarm. The others run away. Meanwhile, Cera is bored of watching the others relax in mud as she refuses to go in it. Littlefoot and his friends are still chased by the swarm of bees though Chomper ends up seeing dinosaur bone body without any teeth and fears he might end up like an unfortunate dinosaur. Littlefoot thinks of an idea and goes to Lookout Rock to find the mud-hole.
Chomper finds a bee and tries to eat it but it comes back with a swarm. The others run away. Meanwhile, Cera is bored of watching the others relax in mud and she isn't in it. Littlefoot and his friends are still chased by the swarm of bees though Chomper ends up seeing dinosaur bone body without any teeth and fears he might end up like an unfortunate dinosaur. Littlefoot thinks of an idea and goes to Lookout Rock to find the mudhole.
Chomper accidentally falls off the cliff, but is rescued. He tries to save his teeth from the cliff. It falls off but Petrie retrieves it. Cera is still bored but falls into the mud and feels that the mud is actually better than the regular mud after examining the brown slime and actually slips which it is still there on her foot. Littlefoot and his friends end up walking across a swamp and Chomper falls into a quicksand (Sinking Sand in dino talk) and tries to save himself and his tooth.
Chomper is rescued but loses his tooth in the process. This saddens Chomper because he fears he might end up in bones. Petrie stays back to comfort Chomper. Littlefoot and Ducky goes to look for Ruby, but finds Cera relaxing and unstressed for the first time in her life. Cera takes the shocked Littlefoot and Ducky to Ruby. They tell her to come to Chomper and finds him still sad about his lost tooth, which angers Cera for interrupting her first relaxing time.
Ruby tells Chomper that it's actually normal for Sharpteeth to lose teeth and that they grow back, which makes him happy. Chomper soon waits for his teeth to grow and constantly asks other if they see it. At the end of the episode Ruby ask if they want come in the mud now but then Chomper, Petrie, and Littefoot laugh and walked away while Ducky jumps in.
"The Mysterious Tooth Crisis" has a current rating of 9.6/10 at TV.com, based on ten votes.
"The Mysterious Tooth Crisis" was released in the United States on December 2nd, 2008 in the "Friends Forever" DVD, along with "The Missing Fast-Water Adventure", "The Lone Dinosaur Returns", and "The Legend of the Story Speaker". This DVD was also released in Canada, and in France under the name "Amis Pour La Vie" ("Friends For Life") on April 5th, 2011, making it one of the most recent releases of The Land Before Time on DVD.
It was released in Germany on the DVD "Freundschaft, Spass und Abenteuer" ("Friendship, Fun and Adventure") along with "The Cave of Many Voices". "Freundschaft, Spass und Abenteuer" was also released as a radio drama on September 26th, 2008. The DVD edition was released on a DVD 3 pack with the DVDs "Grosser Spass Mit Kleinen Dinos" ("Great Fun With Little Dinos") and "Neue Reisen, Neue Freunde" ("New Journies, New Friends") on November 8th, 2012.
*This is not an official name for the song.
- A Sharptooth skeleton is seen in the cave Littlefoot, Ducky, Petrie, and Chomper go in; it is unknown how it got there.
- This episode is just like Dinosaur Train, Episode 12th Buddy T-Rex and Chomper T-Rex are both characters and both t-rexs worrying about there're teeth.
- For the majority of the episode, Chomper refers to his nose as his "sniffer". There are two instances, however, when he used the proper term. The first occurs after escaping the swam of bees in the cave, in which Chomper states: "My sniffer led us into that cave. Oh no, maybe my nose is going to fall off next!" The second occurrence is when traversing in the Murky Swamp, where Chomper exclaims "Right now it wouldn't be so bad if I lost my nose."
"The Mysterious Tooth Crisis" at the Internet Movie Database
- "The Mysterious Tooth Crisis" at TV.com
"The Cave of Many Voices"
|The Land Before Time TV series||Followed by:|
"The Star Day Celebration"
- ↑ The Land Before Time episode "The Mysterious Tooth Crisis" at TV.com. Retrieved on December 2nd, 2011.
- ↑ "Friends Forever" DVD at Amazon.com. Retrieved on December 19, 2011.
- ↑ "Amis Pour La Vie" DVD at Amazon.fr. Retrieved on December 13th, 2011.
- ↑ "Freundschaft, Spass und Abenteuer" DVD at Amazon.de. Retrieved on December 9, 2011.
- ↑ "Freundschaft, Spass und Abenteuer" Radio drama 1 at Amazon.de. Retrieved on December 19th, 2011.
- ↑ The Land Before Time - Volume 1, Episodes 01-06 at Amazon.de. Retrieved on November 16th, 2012.