|The Land Before Time species|
|Fossil range||Early-Late Cretaceous Period|
|TLBT characters of this species||Sail-Backed Sharptooth|
Spinosaurus was a mid Cretaceous theropod (meat\fish-eating dinosaur) and was the largest and possibly the most powerful theropod ever discovered,. It appears in The Land Before Time XII: The Great Day of the Flyers, when Guido wakes up after sleepwalking and sleepflying all night. He landed on it's back. It actually gets Guido into it's mouth but spat him out after he tickles it's tonsils. It snaps at Guido again but Petrie swoops down and picks him up. Spike accidentally knocks Littlefoot, Cera and Ducky off the ledge they were on distracting Spinosaurus. It chases the six dinosaurs between two rocks and gets stuck in them, cause his spine or sail was too large to get through of those rocks when its been caught, trying to get out. The gang had enough time to make their escape back into the Great Valley while the Spinosaurus was trying hard enough for hours or for a day to slip out.
Two Spinosaurus appear in The Hermit of Black Rock briefly. Petrie and Guido see them while riding on Swooper. When Swooper suggests landing to take a rest Petrie and Guido see them below. Both of them resemble the dinosaur that appeared before and perhaps one is with a relative or mate.
They were carnivores and would be referred to as sharpteeth by the Land Before Time dinosaurs (oddly, Littlefoot, Cera, Ducky and Spike did not know what it was other than "it looked mean" (similarly to the Sarcosuchus) implying they did not know it was a sharptooth. Guido, on the other hand claims he must be heavier due to sharptooth drool).
- The Spinosaurus is the largest carnivorous dinosaur, even larger than the T-rex and Gigantnotosaurus it could grow up to 60 feet long.
- Spine on the Spinosaurus' back stands 6 feet tall and is used for cooling itself and for mating.
- The episode where the Spinosaurus appears again is basically a reference to the 12th movie, as Guido and Petrie encountered a Spinosaurus.
- The Spinosaurus featured in LBT looks similar to the one seen in Jurassic Park 3.
- Scientist figure that the Spinosaurus could have hunted using camoflague, this is good example of proving so since the Spinosaurus in The Land Before Time Universe has excellent camoflague at night, this is one of several Sharpteeth that has good camoflague coloring two, other sharpteeth would include the Cool Gray Sharptooth and Brown Sharptooth (6th Movie).
- Longneck Monster from Chomper's nightmare appears from the place where the Spinosaurus live.
- Even in TLBT spinosaurus have two claws real life have three.