A pack of four Baryonyx appears in the film, The Land Before Time XIII: The Wisdom of Friends, as the main antagonists, though the leader may be considered as the true main one. The leader has a scar that goes all the way around the middle of its head.
They are first seen not long after the Prehistoric Pals bring Loofah, Doofah, and Foobie into the Mysterious Beyond in search of Berry Valley. When their leader heard Loofah's loud shout, they started to move in that direction. After the gang leave Loofah, Doofah, and Foobie to find water for them, the pack got closer. They soon located the three Yellow Bellies and chased them into a canyon.
The pack had them cornered, but the gang soon returned to help. The pack were buried under hundreds of rocks after the gang rolled them down the canyon, and after the Yellow Bellies performed the Yellow Belly bounce, causing rocks to fall. The leader was still partly above the rocks, roaring at Littlefoot, but then the longneck knocked over huge rocks onto the sharptooth, finally burying him. The pack was temporarily defeated and buried in the pile.
The pack soon escaped the next day. They soon followed the Yellow Bellies' trail, which now consisted of an entire herd of them, as well as the main characters. Throughout the next while, they continued to follow the massive trail of footprints.
They later attack during the film's climax, chasing everyone. The leader at one point had Littlefoot cornered, but the little longneck simply ran under the sharptooth's legs. The pack are soon cornered and are killed when the Yellow Bellie herd bounced up and down, making a piece of the cliff break off that the pack were standing on, causing the sharpteeth to fall hundreds of feet to their deaths.
- The Baryonyx are the final antagonistic characters to appear in a Land Before Time film with involvement from Charles Grosvenor.
- They are the second member of the family Spinosauridae to appear in the franchise, only behind Spinosaurus itself in The Land Before Time XII: The Great Day of the Flyers.
- The number of their fingers they have varies between shots, being depicted with both the correct three fingers and the incorrect four fingers throughout the film.
- Similarly, their thumb claws are much smaller than those of their real life counterparts, and their jaws are not as crocodile-like as those of the real animal.
- The leader is the third character in the franchise to have a scar.
- ↑ Littlefoot calls one individual 'him'.