HistoryThey are first seen not long after the Prehistoric Pals bring Loofah, Doofah, and Foobie into the Mysterious Beyond in search of Berry Valley. When their leader heard Loofah's loud shout, they soon located the three Yellow Bellies and chased them. The pack was temporarily defeated and buried in a pile of stones, from which they soon escape.
They later appear at the film's climax, and are presumably killed when they are cornered off the edge of a crumbling cliff by the Yellow Belly herd.
- The Baryonyx are the final antagonistic characters to appear in a Land Before Time film with involvement from Charles Grosvenor.
- They are the second member of the family Spinosauridae to appear in the franchise, only behind Spinosaurus itself in The Land Before Time XII: The Great Day of the Flyers.
- Bizarrely, they are portrayed with four fingers, as opposed to three.
- Similarly, they lack the significant thumb claws of their real life counterparts, as well as the crocodile-like jaws of the real animal.
- ↑ Littlefoot calls one individual 'him'.