A pack of three Deinonychus - called Sharpteeth (or Fast Biters) by the characters in the Land Before Time series - appear in a flashback in The Land Before Time VII: The Stone of Cold Fire. They are the only Sharpteeth that appear in the film.
The Sharpteeth appear in Grandpa Longneck's story about why Pterano left the herd. When Pterano leads a fraction of the herd he convinced to follow him, they reach a dead end and are attacked by the raptors who descend from the hills. The herd are surrounded, and some of the herd fights back; one headbutts and lifts one Deinonychus into the air.
Pterano is the only one able to stay out of harm's reach due to his ability to fly. Although some of the herd continues to fight back, it is implied that they are all killed, as none of them are ever seen again.
- It is possible that all of the members of the pack are relatives to one another.
- They are the first and only Deinonychus to appear in the franchise.
- Their color schemes are similar to Ozzy's.
- They are remembered by some fans as the fourth most dangerous sharpteeth in the series after the Horned Sharptooth, Plated Sharptooth and the Sharptooth from the first film.
- They are the first Fast Biters to have the inaccurate two-fingered hands.