Individual Sand Creepers
As portrayed in the series, the Sand Creepers communicate by snapping their claws. Ducky briefly mentions them during the "Big Water" song sequence in The Land Before Time V: The Mysterious Island as "Things with giant, jagged claws". A red Sand Creeper pinches Cera's horn in The Land Before Time IX: Journey to Big Water, although this one more closely resembles a lobster. In the TV series episode, March of the Sand Creepers, a herd of Sand Creepers come into the Great Valley because their lagoon has been endangered by a Smoking Mountain (volcano), and the gang try to get them to leave the valley due to the disturbance they are causing there. Ducky and Spike stay behind to watch over them, and Ducky gives them each a name.
- Scuttle: Voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson, he is leader of the herd of sand creepers in "March of the Sand Creepers". He is able to speak the leaf-eater language (heard as English to the viewer) as well as his native sand creeper speak. Scuttle is the third bilingual character in the Land Before Time series, preceded by Chomper and Mo. He speaks with a grizzled sea farer's voice, and enjoys telling long stories about his past experiences, although the main characters find the stories boring. He also tries to work his way out of keeping promises. He was named after an animated fictional seagull named Scuttle in Disney's The Little Mermaid.
- Crunch: A yellow Sand Creeper. Spike despises him because he has taken a liking to pinching him on the nose, although Ducky is convinced that he does this because he "likes Spike".
- Sandy: One of the Sand Creepers.
- Shelly: One of the Sand Creepers.
- Pinchy: One of the Sand Creepers
- Rattle: One of the Sand Creepers
- Snipper: One of the Sand Creepers.
- Snippity: A purple Sand Creeper.