"Return to Hanging Rock" is the 22nd episode of the first season of the animated children's series The Land Before Time. It originally aired on June 29, 2007.
- Cody Arens as Littlefoot
- Anndi McAfee as Cera
- Aria Noelle Curzon as Ducky
- Jeff Bennett as Petrie/Skip/Ruby's Siblings
- Rob Paulsen as Spike/Papa Fast Runner/Thud
- Max Burkholder as Chomper
- Meghan Strange as Ruby
- Nika Futterman as Mama Fast Runner
- Pete Sepenuk as Red Claw/Screech
- Dorian Harewood as Mr. Thicknose
- Kenneth Mars as Grandpa Longneck
On the day of the Flying Rocks of Many Nights (meteor shower), Ruby remembers a memory of her family meeting at Hanging Rock when she lived in the Mysterious Beyond. Ruby ventures alone to find her family, but Chomper, Ducky and Spike come along to help. They meet Skip along the way, a mammal who knows the Mysterious Beyond very well, and the gang learns an important lesson of being family.
- This is the first appearance of Skip.
- This is the first real appearance of Ruby's family, as their only preceding appearances were in flashbacks. Ducky and Spike are the only members of the gang to meet them for the first time in this episode.
- It is revealed that Chomper and Ruby need to learn how to save the residents of the Mysterious Beyond from Red Claw.
- Grandpa Longneck saves Chomper, Ducky, Ruby and Spike in an identical manner to the third film, The Land Before Time III: The Time of the Great Giving.
- The fire was caused by a flying rock, rather than lightning.
- The rock the main characters are waiting on near the end of the episode is Saurus Rock.
- Supposedly, the original name of this episode was The Sky Fire Promise, but was changed when the writers realised sky fire was the LBT term for lightning.
- This episode marks the last appearance of Red Claw, as well as Screech & Thud.
- When Mr. Thicknose is singing the song "Up in the Sky", for a moment Chomper's nose is purple. A moment later, it is normal again.
"The Forbidden Friendship"
|The Land Before Time TV series||Followed by:|
"Search for the Sky Color Stones"