|The Land Before Time episode|
|"March of the Sand Creepers"|
|Starring|| Cody Arens|
Aria Noelle Curzon
Kevin Michael Richardson
|Airdate(s)|| June 29th, 2007 (Canada)|
January 16th, 2008 (United States)
March 30th, 2008 (Germany)
|Preceded by||"The Great Egg Adventure"|
|Followed by||"The Forbidden Friendship"|
"March of the Sand Creepers" is the twenty-third episode of The Land Before Time TV series. It originally aired on June 29th, 2007.
- Cody Arens as Littlefoot
- Anndi McAfee as Cera
- Aria Noella Curzon as Ducky
- Jeff Bennett as Petrie
- Rob Paulsen as Spike
- Max Burkholder as Chomper
- Meghan Strange as Ruby
- Kenneth Mars as Grandpa Longneck
- John Ingle as Topsy
- Kevin Michael Richardson as Scuttle
As the main characters are feeding, Ducky notices something moving in a nearby bush, and investigates. She discovers a small creature, identified to be a "Sand Creeper" (crab) and follows it, quickly discovering a whole fleet of them.
Although Ducky immediately grows fond of them, the other children and the adults get annoyed by the noise of their claws clicking (their way of communication) and by their helter-skelter movement. Ducky brings it upon herself to teach the Sand Creepers how to co-exist with the dinosaurs, and to calm them down when they get excited and talkative, while the other children follow the trail of the migrating Sand Creepers have left, to see why they left their home.
When they get there, they realize that the Sand Creepers were frightened away by a smoking mountain (volcano) oozing lava into their waters.
They find that one of them is still on a rock, surrounded by the lava. Trying to help him, they form a bridge with a log, but he mistakes them to be trying to cross it themselves, and pushes it into the lava for their own safety ( calling it as a denial).
He then flings himself over to the land, lands on Cera's nose which Cera got very angry with him while Littlefoot tells her to calm down and introduces himself as Scuttle, explaining that he is the only Sand Creeper in his herd who can speak the leaf eating dinosaurs' language.
When Scuttle tells the children that the volcano has calmed down, they become hopeful, and ask him to come to the Great Valley and inform the Sand Creepers. He stalls on this, asking the children to fetch him mounds of water greens (kelp) to eat, and telling them a few long boring stories about his experiences.
During the fetching of water greens, Cera wants to try it out first but suddenly, she gets caught in a whirlpool and it goes around in circles, fearing Littlefoot that his friend will die as of the result.
The incident turns bad when Cera dies and drowns in the whirlpool and Littlefoot calls out her name fearing that she's dead which could be the sad news given to Topsy and Tria but his friend survived saying that she would never go in there and getting drowned again.
As the incident is done for, Cera, who has taken an instant dislike to Scuttle, then demands that he go to the Great Valley, pointing out that no one will listen to his "dumb stories" if the other Sand Creepers are absent. He relents, and agrees to go with them straight away.
Back in the Great Valley, Scuttle tells the other Sand Creepers that their home is safe, and leads them away. Ducky is sorry to see them go, but Scuttle assures her that she and the others are welcome at the Sand Creeper home any time. The episode ends with Spike chasing Crunch, a Sand Creeper named so by Ducky, and who has taken a liking to pinching Spike on the nose.
"March of the Sand Creepers" has a current rating of 10/10 at TV.com, based on three votes.
- This episode's title is a parody of March of the Penguins.
- Spike develops a dislike to Sand Creepers (particularly Crunch) as of this episode.
- The Sand Creepers know Ducky as "Smiley Softshell" as of this episode.
- This is the first appearance of Scuttle the talking Sand Creeper.
- Scuttle is also the name of the talking seagull friend in Disney's The Little Mermaid.
- Scuttle is voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson the same actor for Gantu in Lilo and Stitch both movies and tv series alike.
- Ducky: Maybe they are just looking for a safe way to live the Great Valley has always welcomed strangers. It would not be right to chase them away. No no no.
- Grandpa Longneck: Well said, Ducky.
- Topsy: Well, I will give them a few days but if things don't get better soon out they go.
- Cera: He did that on purpose.
- Scuttle: That I did.
- ↑ The Land Before Time episode "March of the Sand Creepers" at TV.com. Retrieved on December 2nd, 2011.
""The Great Egg Adventure""
|The Land Before Time TV series||Followed by:|
""The Forbidden Friendship""