The following is a list of quotes, relating to the Land Before Time character Ducky. These include quotes said by the character in the film and TV series' runs, and quotes said about the character in the real world.
Quotes by Ducky
Throughout the series
- Ducky: (When agreeing with something, or when stating something she believes to be true) Yep, yep, yep! (or Yes, yes, yes!)
- Ducky: (When disagreeing with something, or stating something she believes to be false) Nope, nope, nope! (or No, no, no!)
- Ducky: Don't step on a crack, or you'll fall and break your back.
Ducky: You should not eat talking trees. Nope, nope, nope.
:Ducky: (Trying to coax Spike out of his egg) You should come out. You should. You are late. Yes, you are. Yep yep yep.
:Ducky: (Examining Spike after he's hatched) You are a spiketail... so we will call you Spike!
:Ducky: Petrie, do not feel sad. It is alright. Many things do not fly. Rocks, trees, sticks, Spike...
:Ducky: Spike, do not stop! We must stay together!
- Littlefoot: (Ducky falls into a pit screaming) Ducky!
- Cera: (Climbing over the edge) It's all right. I got her.
- Ducky: (Holding onto her tail) You mean I got you!(Giggles.)
:Ducky: (To the egg) Oh hello, baby brother or sister.
:Petrie: (Ducky hits one of the Sharpteeth) Good shot, Ducky!
- Ducky: Thank you, Petrie.
- Ducky: Do not worry, Littlefoot. You are not an influence... whatever that is.
:Ducky: (Petrie falls into the water) Petrie, you are a flyer, not a swimmer.
Ducky: Now Spike, do not be afraid to walk home in the dark. The Lone Dinosaur will be there to protect us. But, just in case, you go first.
- Cera: And I remember the day Dinah said her first words... or was it Dana? "Shiny peepeye no-no". Whatever that means.
- Ducky: It is simple. That means "the bright circle is shining in my eyes and it hurts".
- Cera: How'd you know that?
- Ducky: I am also a twin. Thirteen of us hatched at the same time. Thirteen twins!
- Cera: Well, then... what does "No-no Grampy three-dee grr" mean?
- Ducky: That means "Never make Grandpa Three-Horn mad".
- Cera: Are you sure about that one?
- Ducky: No. But it is good advice just the same.
:Ducky: (Crawling along the log lodged at the top of the ditch) I do not like this. Oh no, no, no
- Petrie: No problem. You a swimmer right?
- Ducky: Mm-hmm.
- Petrie: If you fall, there's skinny little river way down there you might land in. Maybe. (Ducky looks down and calculates the possibility)
- Ducky: (sarcastically) Oh thank you, Petrie! I feel SO much better now.
- Petrie: How come you not play?
- Littlefoot: (sighing) I'm still upset about this morning, except for grandma and grandpa - nobody believes me.
- Ducky: We believe you - right Spike? (Spike nods)
- Ducky: Only er - Littlefoot, well, I can see the stone in the fire and the stone is cold. But - how can a stone which is cold be on fire? I do not understand - no, no, no.
:Ducky (most of the dinosaurs in the Great Valley are sleeping): Oh Spike, I cannot sleep. (Spike asks something to Ducky) No, I am not hungry. I am worried about Petrie. Friends should not make friends feel so bad, no, no, no. I am going to find Petrie! I am going to make things all better!
:Ducky: Help! Let me down!
- Littlefoot (Waking up and gasping): Ducky!
- Ducky: I am not a flier! (screams)
:Rinkus: Look, no-one's coming after us. Maybe we could leave her here and be on our way - yes?
- Ducky: Oh I would not do that if I were you, no, no, no.
- Rhinkus: Leave you behind?
- Ducky: No, stand on the edge. (Rinkus on the edge of a rock crevice falls when the edge crumbles) Told him.
:Littlefoot: Well, at least we're all here. I mean - except for, Ducky. (Spike groans)
- Cera: Oh, poor Ducky.
- Petrie: Oh, poor Ducky.
- Ducky: Oh, poor me.
- Ducky: I just have one question: do we have to go through the swamp again?
- Ducky: That is the last time I trust Petrie to pick out a boulder to sleep on.
- Petrie: Hey, it was dark, okay?
Quotes about Ducky
- "An adorably gregarious young Anatosaurus who immediately wins the audience's heart." - Wendy Miller, Mohave Daily Miner, reviewing The Land Before Time.
- "My favorite character is little Ducky (Judith Barsi) whose effusive philosophy on life is summed up in her constant and charming yapping, "Yep, yep, yep." - Steve Rhodes, Rotten Tomatoes and The Internet Movie Database, reviewing The Land Before Time.
- "It gets especially irritating if you've sat through more than one film in the series again (I'll scream if I hear that little brat say, "No, no, no" one more time)." - Brian Webster, Apollo Movie Guide, reviewing The Land Before Time VI: The Secret of Saurus Rock.
- ↑ Wendy Miller's review of The Land Before Time, on the Mohave Daily Miner. November 29th, 1988.  Retrieved on October 8th, 2008.
- ↑ Steve Rhode's review on The Land Before Time www.imdb.com - review 4961 Retrieved on April 19th, 2008.
- ↑ Brian Webster's review of The Land Before Time VI: The Secret of Saurus Rock www.apolloguide.com Retrieved on April 26th, 2008.