The following is a list of quotes, relating to the main character Cera (Candace Hutson; Anndi McAfee), in the long-running Land Before Time film and television series. It consists of quotes said by the character throughout the run of the movies and TV show.
Quotes said by Cera
- Cera: My father told me that flatheads had very small brains.
- Cera: See? I can take care of myself! ...All by myself. I'm not afraid to be alone, I know my way to go, and I'm not afraid of Sharp Tooth. (Pause) I hope he doesn't eat any of you!
- Cera: I'm gonna find my own green food! (Begins headbutting a tree, to make leaves fall down)
- Cera: 'When I find my sisters I won't be alone! (then stomps off)
- Cera: I suppose you all got the same lecture I did?
- Petrie: Me too young to wander far.
- Ducky: We are not grown up and should remember it.
- Littlfoot: There are many dangers. I must always be careful.
- Cera: Don't hang around with longnecks, beak faces, and spiketails. [the others glare at her]
- Cera: Well, it was... mostly the same lecture.
Cera: Aw, it wasn't much fun anyway.
- Ducky: Yep, yep, yep. No fun at all.
- Petrie: Boring.
- Littlefoot: What do you want to do now?
- Spike: [muttering very pathetically] I don't know.
- Ducky: I know! I know! We can go to the Sheltering Grass... and play Sharptooth Attack! [Ducky imitates Sharptooth as the others laugh]
- Cera: No way! Not if I have to be the Sharptooth again!
Cera: Aw, you're just a bunch of eggs!
Cera: If we stop them, the grown-ups won't treat us like babies anymore.
Cera: Look scaredy, there's five of us and only two of them! What could go wrong? Hmm?
Cera: [screams] He bit me! Chomper bit me!
- Littlefoot: Well, he didn't mean it. [Cera indicates Chomper]
- Cera: You call this not meaning it?
Cera: Psst! Littlefoot. Littlefoot, wake up.
- Littlefoot: Huh? Cera? Where are you?
- Cera: Here.
- Littlefoot: Where?
- Cera: Here.
- Littlefoot: What are you doing here?
- Cera: Shh! Quiet!
- Littlefoot: What's the matter?
- Cera: I can't sleep. It's important. We gotta talk.
- Littlefoot: Now?
- Cera: Shh! Yes, now. Scared of the dark?
- Littlefoot: I'm not scared.
- Cera: Then, come on. Let's get the others.
- Cera: Hmph! (and she sticks her nose in the air after Spike defeated Mama Sharptooth) We did it, Spike! We flattened that dumb old Sharptooth! Hee! (Daddy Sharptooth comes) Aah! Another one!
- Littlefoot: (On their way to the island) It's a lot farther away than it looks.
- Cera: This is like waiting for your hatchday! It never seems to get any closer...
- Chomper: (On his parents) Come on, I want you to meet them!
- Littlefoot: Um, wait, Chomper? I don't think that's such a good idea.
- Chomper: Aw, why not? I know they'll like you!
- Cera: How? Rare, medium, or well-done?
Chomper: I call this the "Stinky Place". You'll be safe here because nobody will be able to smell you!
- Cera: I think I'd rather be eaten.
- Cera: (Screams and jumps into Stinky rose-patch)
- Everybody: (Laughs)
- Cera: I can change my mind, can't I?
- Cera: (Looking down at the canyon) The things I do for family!
- Littlefoot: You came for me!
- Cera: Don't we always?
- Petrie: A long, long time ago, when big dots in sky where even more shiny and great circle real smooth - not pockety like now. And whole world very different. But then, there were no threehorn, no longneck - not even sharptooth! No, only one type animal, which fill sky with mighty screech and big blubby sound. This most smart, most brave and handsome creature to ever rule world. The fliers!
- Cera: What! Hold it right there! That's not even close to the way it happens.
- Petrie: Is too!
- Cera: Says who?
- Petrie: My Uncle Pterano, that who!
- Cera: Well, he said it wrong!
- Pterano: Don't tell me, you must be old threehorn's daughter.
- Cera: How'd you know?
- Pterano: Let's just say there's a *strong* family resemblance.
- Cera: Oh - thank you.
- Littlefoot: I told them where the flying rock is, why won't they go?
- Petrie: Oh, it's all my fault.
- Cera: You can say that again!
- Petrie: Why? If I say it again it only make me feel worser!
- Cera: That's the basic idea.
- Cera: (After Spike chomps through the vines, causing the gang to swing into a cave) Don't-ever-do-that, again!
- Mr. Thicknose: (Struggling to keep up with Littlefoot, Cera and Petrie) Children... wait up, please. I'm not as young as I used to be.
- Cera: He's not as young as anybody used to be.
- Littlefoot: (When Mr. Thicknose confesses that this is his first time in the Mysterious Beyond) How could things get any worse?
- Cera: (in a driving, loud blizzard in the next slide) You had to ask, didn't you?
- Littlefoot: (looking up at his dad) Dad!
- Cera: (in shock) Did you just say 'dad'?!
- Cera: Longnecks saved the world? This is gonna kill my dad!
- ==In The Land Before Time XII: The Great Day of the Flyers==
Cera: Don't try the cute thing on me. It won't work.
- Cera: Do you have any idea where you're going?
- littlefoot: Sort of... see, I've never heard of Berry Valley before, so it's gonna be some place I've never been, right?
- Cera: Yeah...
- Littlefoot: So I'm going directions I've never gone before. I'm bound to hit it sooner or later. Make sense?
- Cera: Maybe to some folk.
- Loofah: Makes sense to me!
- Littlefoot: Is that good or bad?
- Cera: Do you have to ask?
- Cera: I can't believe it, a Longneck just learned something!
In the TV series
- Cera: (as the others run around, laughing) Guys, you are supposed to be scared! And Chomper, you are supposed to be scary!
- Cera: (to Chomper) Great idea, Patchling!
Quotes about Cera
- "A fiercely cute and rambunctious little dynamo." - Hal Hinson, The Washington Post, describing the character Cera in his review on The Land Before Time.
- "Cera, refusing to admit that Littlefoot was right and she was wrong, is publicly humiliated. The narrator informs the audience (the congregation, really) that Cera 'was too proud to admit that she'd gone the wrong way'. The haughty, disdainful Cera, her ego as pointed as her horns, has committed the ungodly sin of pride!" - Ian Wojcik-Andrews, comparing the plot of The Land Before Time to a religious theme.
- "Do dinosaurs really lend themselves to ootsie-cutesiness? To dinosaur babies with long tangly eyelashes, who say 'Gee' and talk in the tones of curdled Junket? To an Anatorsaurus named Ducky and a little Triceratops called Sarah? (It's spelled 'Cera', but 'Sarah' it is to our ears.)" - Shiela Benson, Los Angeles Times, on The Land Before Time.
- "Incidentally, take a look at the two sleeves here. One shows the five main dinosaurs, but in the other, Cera has been removed and Tippy added (as well as a few adjustments like flipping Petrie so he flies the other way). This installment in the saga is much more about Ducky and Spike than Littlefoot and Cera, although Cera does get to sing a song and ultimately saves the day by yelling loud enough to cause a snowfall, so it’s a bit rotten that she has been cut from the most commonly used video sleeve. She needs a better agent." -MJ Simpson, on the alternate DVD covers of The Land Before Time VIII: The Big Freeze.
- ↑ Hal Hinson's review on The Land Before Time (November 18th, 1988) www.washingtonpost.com Retrieved on April 19th, 2008.
- ↑ Children's Films: History, Ideology, Pedagogy, Theory by Ian Wojcik-Andrews. Published 2000, Routledge. ISBN 081533074X Pages 176-178 
- ↑ * The Los Angeles Times review of The Land Before Time, by Sheila Benson. (November 18th, 1988.) latimes on pqasb.pqarchiver.com. Retrieved on August 1st, 2008.
- ↑ British journalist M.J. Simpson's review of The Land Before Time VIII: The Big Freeze, on his official website. (May 2006.) Retrieved on December 15th, 2008.
- Cera's quotes at the Internet Movie Database.