- If only I could start all over
and take things back somehow
I wouldn't have lied
or tried to hide
if I knew then what I know now
If I did something wrong, I'd own up
even if I was afraid
Now my friends are sad
'cause of the mess I made
- Strange, how little things like lies
keep growing taller
until one day, you lose your way
and troubles get bigger
while you get smaller
- If I could get it right the first time
I'd never have to make mistakes
- But then you'd never grow
and never know
the courage living takes
If only you remember to think with your heart
You'll never have to say "If only"
- I'll never have to say "If only"
- You'll/I'll never have to say "If only"
- If only