Being a Carnotaurus, the Horned Sharptooth differs in appearance from other Sharpteeth in the franchise. It is a dark, dull brown, with a green-tinted brown coating its underbelly and gray armor adorning its back. He has yellow eyes, with very dark brown bags underneath.
The defining characteristic and namesake of the Horned Sharptooth are a pair of large, sharp horns above its eyes. They are bovine in appearance, pointing forwards and only vaguely resembling the horns of an actual Carnotaurus.
The Horned Sharptooth first appears about an hour into the film, and spots Cera, Ducky, Petrie, and Spike searching for Littlefoot. He chases them for a short time, and then the four run into a small cave, where he can't reach. Etta appears to help the children escape, by opening a small hole in the ground covered by a rock, which they push away. The sharptooth gives up and leaves.
He later appears while Grandpa, Topps, Chomper, Ruby, and Wild Arms are searching for Littlefoot and his friends, looking for easy prey. They see him walking by, and hide. The sharptooth is distracted by a group of Archaeornithomimus, and chases them.
He does not appear again, and does not appear after Bron is saved.
- The Horned Sharptooth, though only briefly shown in pursuit, appears to be one of the most athletic Sharpteeth in the series, being able to scale tall protrusions in the earth's surface without difficulty.
- This Sharptooth's depiction of a Carnotaurus is heavily flawed. Its horns look like a bull, and it three separated fingers, as opposed to four fused fingers.
- Many of this Sharptooth's roars are the same as those of the T. rex from the Jurassic Park franchise.
- The Carnotaurus featured in Journey of the Brave looks similar to the "carnotaurs" seen in Disney's Dinosaur.
- In the scene were this Sharptooth first appears, there was an error where his right arm was with a tiny fourth finger.