"Fast Biter" is a term introduced in The Land Before Time television series to refer to dromaeosaurs, and possibly other fast-moving theropods. A fan term that is sometimes used is "Sickleclaw", though this term has never actually been heard or suggested in canon. The only known Fast Biters to have given names in the franchise are Screech & Thud.
Several species of Fast Biters appear in the franchise and if not many are mistaken commonly for Velociraptor. All fast biter designs are roughly the same, but come in different colors (dull green, dark grey, red or burnt orange seem to be the main colors) with a line of darker stripes of the color running down the back. These appear in The Land Before Time III: The Time of the Great Giving, The Land Before Time VII: The Stone of Cold Fire, The Land Before Time XI: Invasion of the Tinysauruses, The Land Before Time XIII: The Wisdom of Friends, and the TV series.
List of Fast Biters in the Franchise
- Velociraptor (The Time of the Great Giving)
- Unquillosaurus (The Time of the Great Giving)
- Dromaeosaurus (The Time of the Great Giving)
- Deinonychus (The Stone of Cold Fire)
- Utahraptor (Invasion of the Tinysauruses, The Wisdom of Friends, and the TV series)
- Prior to the TV series, Fast Biters were simply referred to as "Sharpteeth".
- The Utahraptor is the main Fast Biter of the franchise.
- Frank Welker (III, VII, XI, XIII)
- Scott Menville (Sharptooth Mom)
- Pete Sepenuk (Screech)
- Rob Paulsen (Thud)